Monday, August 11, 2008

Update on Meigan

Before surgery, summer '07
after surgery

I had a hard time trying to find a picture that was a close shot of Meigan's face to compare to her new and improved nose. Granted, she still has some scabbing in the new nostril and we are still very much in the healing process, I have to admit it looks pretty darn cute, regardless! For the last week we have had to keep her new nostril plugged with an ear plug of all things, to let the cartilage take a nice rounded shape. We have bright pinks plugs so anytime we are out she gets plenty of stares. Occasionally I will get a comment from someone saying, "Is she supposed to have that in her nose?" Though I want to say, "No, I never noticed a bright pink plug in her nose!" I politely say she had surgery and nothing more is said. Hopefully, when we go back up to Cincinnati for her appt. Fri., we will get the all clear and no more plugs. Only thing is, she wants it in there and never messes with it. She hates when we change it, which I know has to be uncomfortable, but maybe since she's always had it plugged up, she's used to that feeling? I don't know. She doesn't realize how much better she will breath now.
Tomorrow Logan and Jennifer start back to school. A new school due to something I hadn't posted about, but, (hint, hint, we close next week!) More to come on that:)
Of course will keep you all posted on our Dr. visit as well!

2 comments:

~ Alison said...

Wow - it looks fantastic!!! & she's still as cute as ever =)

Miss you guys!

Wes Journey said...

Thank you for sharing Meigan journey...such a cutie! Would like to hear your experiences with Dr. Stelnicki.